Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Happy 14th Birthday Will!

Happy birthday Will-boy! I am still struggling to believe that the little boy who used to be my solo side-kick is becoming so independent. You never want to sleep in my bed or get a good night kiss from your mom. You don't even want to have me come to sit and eat with you in the middle school cafeteria;0. Well, since that is probably the way it should be, I will wipe my tears and forgive you. This year was a great one for you. You took quite a few honors classes, some with your best friend, Braden, and got inducted into the National Junior Honor Society. You were also invited to take the ACT because you scored so high on the Science portion of some test you took in 6th grade. Although you did well, I am not sure you are quite ready to jump into college, and that is cool with me. I will take every minute I have left before you are out the door. This year you tried Cross Country and Track. I am not sure you are passionate about running but Dad and I told you that you had to do some sort of physical activity so you chose to run:) You were really quite successful in the meets. With over 700 kids running, in three of the four meets, you came in the top 100. Regardless of where you finished, I was really proud that you went out on a limb and tried something new. You have grown and changed so much this past year. You outgrew me, got man hair, and your voice went low. You're becoming a wonderful young man but you're still my little boy. I am really proud of the man you are becoming. You are still one of the most loyal people I have ever known. You are kind and want to help people. You are wonderful with your brothers and rarely give them what they deserve. You are the reason Sam, Ike, and Mac are as good as they are. You are great example for them. I admire your heart and your attitude about life. You rarely get too riled up about stuff. You are dependable. When the whole house is blowing up, I can almost always count on you to be the level headed one. Thank you for that. You're an amazing kid, Will, better than I could have hoped. Thank you for making my job easier. I love you and happy birthday!

No comments: