Sunday, January 18, 2015

Happy 7th Birthday Isaac!

Yep, this is late. That is how I roll these days! None the less, Happy Birthday big guy!! Isaac, you turned 7 this year and started the 1st grade. Mr. Kilburn is your teacher. When we found out he would be your teacher, I was really excited for you. You had no idea what to expect but I did. Mr. Kilburn is funny and kind. He tells snot jokes and makes booger references, all things a 7 year-old can appreciate. Also, you have a class pet, a guinea pig named Booger, of course! Mr. Kilburn loves science and math. He gets excited about learning and that rubs off on you. I wouldn't say that you are racing out the door to get to school but Mr. Kilburn makes your school day much brighter and school more interesting. Mr. Kilburn talks about how smart you are. You are not always the most vocal but you are always paying attention and absorbing. You are sneaky like that! This Spring and Fall you have continued to play soccer on your Sooners team. Coach Ollie has been your coach for awhile now. You like having the same coach and the same kids on your team each season. Your team isn't the best or the worst but you have fun. You are pretty good. You read the ball well but I don't think you have as much confidence in your ability so you hang back some. One of these days though, I think you will realize your talents. Then, they better all watch out!! You also played basketball for the Sooners. Coach Ollie is your coach again. Your basketball team is not very good. You lose most of your games but you like the challenge so you keep having me sign you up. I like that! When you are not at school, you like playing on your iPad, the Wii U, and the XBox. You love playing Minecraft, Sonic games, racing games, puzzles, fighting games, etc. You like them all just about. The other day, you told me that you want to be a video game programmer when you grow up. I am sure that will change in time but I thought it was reflective of what really interests you right now. You also LOVE to ride the plasma cars in the house right now because it is too cold outside. Boy, those are loud! You and Mac like to race. I think you two drive everyone crazy with the noise but I like the fact that you are playing with Mac and you are moving! You like to play with Mac and Sam a lot these days. You also like to irritate Sam and Mac a lot these days! You figured out early on how to get under someone's skin and boy you do it well. You are ornery sometimes. Other times though, you play SO well with your brothers. I love to hear you sharing your wisdom with Mac. He really looks up to you. What do you love? Well, you love potato chips of ALL kids, Krave cereal, apples, chicken sandwiches, cheese pizza, cookies (not really an ice cream fan), popcorn shrimp, and tacos! When it comes to drinks, you are an all or nothing kid. For years, you drank only milk. Then you stopped that all together and moved onto water. You drank water for a couple of years. Now, you are beginning to add Dr. Pepper into your drink list but most of the time, you choose water. Isaac you are my child that I have a more difficult time figuring out. You don't wear your feelings on your sleeve so I don't always know what you are thinking or feeling. You are quiet and really only talk when you feel necessary. I can appreciate that. You have you own style. The other boys don't really care what they wear but you do. It doesn't necessarily have to be in style. It is just your style. One day you told me, "Mom, you make me look stupid. I make me look cool." I guess you don't lack confidence either!;) You don't like to hug or say I love you. You aren't really into affection. You think that all of that is weird. But at bedtime, you let me snuggle you. It is the only time of day I get to do this so I soak it up! Thank you for that little gift each day. Thank you for teaching me that less is more and that being true to yourself doesn't have to be hurtful to others but can be really freeing. Thank you for challenging me as a parent and as a person. I am a better mom and woman because of you. I love you! Happy Birthday!

No comments: