Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Happy 6th Birthday Mac!

Macadoodle – I know that this is super late post but please know that it is full of loveJ. Mac, you are a joy! Life is one adventure after another for you. Rarely, if ever, are you a kill-joy at our house. If someone has an idea, you are in! You are fun and energetic, creative and adventurous. You are special! This year you graduated preschool and you rocked it! Mrs. Knox was your teacher and you loved her. Of course, she loved you right back! Julien quickly became your best friend, and you repeatedly asked me to plan a playdate. About 2 months later, I finally got my act together and got his mom’s number and address. When you found out that they lived in the neighborhood right next to ours, you were thrilled!! Although you enjoyed preschool, you really wanted to start kindergarten this year. But, your dad and I decided we would have you wait. You would have been the youngest in your class and that wasn’t something we wanted for you. Also, keeping you in preschool meant one more year that I get a little more time with you alone!:) You were bummed about not going to big school because you really wanted to be with Sam and Isaac. But once you found Mrs. Knox and Julien, you were over kindergarten. You so badly want to be big. You want to read like the big boys. You want to compete like the big boys. You want to be a big boy. You do not want to be left behind. But kiddo, you are hard to leave behind. You keep up for sure! If the boys are doing it, you are right behind them trying to do it too. Luckily, you’re pretty cute so they enjoy your company. And you are a pretty quick learner so it isn’t long before you have mastered whatever it is they are doing! You played soccer again this season. You love it and are super competitive. You want to try karate too but I can only handle one sport at a time. Sorry buddy! We will get to it at some point. Macadoodle, you used to love to be my snuggle buggle. You learned it was a quick way to my heart. Now you aren’t so much into the snuggling but you know that is how you can win me over and get what you want;0 You are smart, funny, and awesome. Not too many people could carry a big name like MacArthur but you do! You make me laugh, bring me joy, and cause me to beam with pride. I love being your mom. Happy belated Birthday Mac!

No comments: