Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Happy 15th Birthday Will!

Will – Happy 15th birthday! This is the year you get a learners permit! Ugh! When did you and I get so old?:) I am not sure I am ready for all of this. Next thing I know, you’ll be wanting to take a girl out on a date! You started high school this year. You were excited and a little nervous. You middle school was being divided into two different high schools and many of your friends were going to the other school. Luckily, your two closest friends are at Independence with you and you are quickly making lots of new friends. You started running cross country at Roach Middle School and you have continued it into high school. I don’t think, well I know, that you don’t love running cross country but you have been a sport about it. You stayed an hour late after school at Roach, and this year you went to school at 6:00 am every morning. I didn’t mind the after school thing but this before school practicing is tough on your parents. I can only imagine how tough it is on you when you still have a school day ahead of you. But, you were a trooper and plowed through. You ran JV and your team got second place in districts. Yay! You also made a lot of new friends which made your middle school to high school transition so much smoother, even if you don’t see it that way. J This summer you went on your first mission trip with church to Nashville and Birmingham. You were not apprehensive at all and really enjoyed feeding the homeless. You also went to church camp at Camp Wyldewood in Searcy, AR this summer. It was your first time going there. You didn’t know anyone else going but apparently you won many over with your wit and humor. In fact, you performed a stand-up comedy routine at the camp talent show and from what we heard, you brought the house down. I was nervous for you but I should have known that God would take care of you. You are my oldest Will so I worry about every new adventure you go on. You are forging new trails and making paths for your younger brothers. It is a big job and requires real courage but you do it with such calm. That is who you are though. You are calm and cool. You don’t get too riled up about much. Knowing the stubborn and outspoken little boy that you were, I am shocked at how patient and flexible you are now. You have three younger brothers and you are an awesome example for them. You are patient and willing to compromise. Quite often you just let them have their way because you know it means more to them than it does you. And, I think you get annoyed at their whining;) Will, you make me proud just about every day. You are smart and creative. You are sweet and kind-hearted. You make my job a whole lot easier. Thank you! Happy birthday buddy!

No comments: