Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Happy 9th Birthday Isaac!

Isaac – Happy 9th birthday! Where has the time gone? Before I know it you will be in double digits and then I’ll blink and you’ll be off to college:(. You played soccer and basketball on the Sooner teams again this year. Ollie was your coach. His son, Marshall, was a friend of yours and tons of entertainment for Dad and me. You're pretty competitive and can get quite aggressive no matter the sport you are playing. Some days, you aren't feeling it and you don't fake it. On the days you are feeling it, you are one of the best on your team. This past year you finished up second grade with Mrs. Lazar as your teacher. She was super nice which is why you loved her and boy, she thought the world of you too! She regularly praised you for your willingness to help your classmates out, your complex thought processes, and your quiet sweetness. None of her comments surprised your Dad or me. She knows you very well. You are an amazing and unique kid, Isaac. You do your own thing, have your own opinions, and don't care if anyone else joins along. You are my only kid with style preferences. You know what you like and rarely change your mind. As a person who has more trouble making decisions, I admire the decisiveness in you. Isaac, you are not my kid who wears your heart on your sleeve. You don't really like to display expressions of love with kisses and "I love you". So when you snuggle up to me at bedtime, it sort of melts my insides. You are smart, witty, quiet, and unique. I love when you share what is going on in your head. It is always worth hearing about. Although you love to pester your brothers, you are a good kid with a great heart. I love you Isaac, and I am so proud to be your mom. Happy 9th birthday!!

No comments: