Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Happy 8th Birthday Isaac!

Happy birthday Isaac! You are turning 8 already. I am not even sure where year 7 went I guess because you were quite busy! Mr. Kilburn was your teacher for first grade, and you loved him! He was an awesome teacher and so much fun. I don't think you have ever had a teacher tell so many booger jokes. You even had a class pet hamster named Booger:)! I think Mr. Kilburn got you excited about going to school but your love for learning kept you excited to be there. You are that kid that although you are quiet, you are always listening and taking it in. You do very well in school and are often asked to help your fellow classmates. That's a pretty big deal. Speaking of classmates, you have lots of friends at school. The other kids are drawn to you. As the third child in a row of boys, it is nice to see you get some attention. Many of your friends in class are also on your sports teams. This year you played soccer and basketball. Both teams were coached by Coach Ollie and were named the Sooners. You work hard at sports and are generally very successful. Now your team isn't always the best but it isn't for lack of effort on your part. Outside of sports and school, you are still my kid that loves music. You love listening to it and making it. You are always making sounds and noises with your mouth or your hands. You kind of drive Sam crazy with it, and I think you know that and enjoy it. You work hard every day to get someone's goat. You are a bit ornery. I think you get that from your father. You are funny, smart, witty, and very observant. All of those things together are what sometimes get you in trouble with your brothers, always pushing just a little;0 Isaac, you are sweet and good. I find it interesting that you are such a rule follower at school and a real rule challenger at home. You are funny and loving, mostly to me but I am totally cool with that. You are one of my snugglers and I love it. You do your own thing Isaac. You have a style all your own. One day I was getting your hair ready for school and you told me, "Mom, you make me look dumb. I make me look awesome!" And that is about right. You know what you like and don't really bend on that. You do your thing, and you do it well! I am proud of you and proud to be your mom. Happy birthday buddy! I love you.

No comments: