Monday, March 24, 2008

Sweet William


I wanted to post this story simply so that I wouldn't forget it and so that I could share it with Will.

A few years ago, shortly after my Granny passed away, I was lying in bed with Will (not yet 4 years-old) reading books and trying to get him to sleep. After the stories, we said our prayers. During my portion of the prayer, I got a little weepy. Will asked me why I was crying and I told him that I was missing my Granny. I explained that she had passed away and had gone to be with God in Heaven. About a minute later, I heard sniffling from Will's side of the bed. I asked him why he was crying. He said, "I just miss that (pause), What's her name again?" (me: "Granny?") Oh yeah. I just miss Granny so much."

I think Granny would have enjoyed that moment so much. Actually, I know she did!

2 comments:

Kristen OQ said...

Sweet story! Little boys are so much fun!

I got to your blog via Whitney. It was fun catching up on you guys!
Kristen (Seidel) O'Quinn

Mary Jo said...

I do love that story. I need you to udate your blog so I am giving you the perfect opportunity. This can be indirectly all about the boys, but I am tagging you! You need to blog 7 random things about you! Check my blog out for details!
don't you love me??