Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Oh, celebrities and all my hotness


Here is a picture from Brent's tryout for American Idol!

Just kidding;) Actually, this photo was taken the day my water broke! Some of you might know that Brent is now in marketing for Coca-Cola and they were sponsoring Wal-mart's monthly meeting. These things usually have some celebrity there to help with the presentation so Brent, on Coke's dime, flew Ryan Seacrest in for the meeting. Ryan drinks Coke and totally shops at Wal-Mart so he seemed like the perfect fit! Also you know, Coke, American Idol, Ryan Seacrest. Anyway, I am sure Mr. Seacrest was uneasy about havin' some barefoot, backwoods, Arkansan give his hair a fixin' so he also brought along his stylist. Smart move, Ryan!

Now, Brent is a sweet husband and is always trying to show his lady a good time so he invited my big, 8-months pregnant butt to meet Ryan and his crew. (Just as a side note, the other two times Brent has hooked me up with celebrities went about the same way. I met Elizabeth Hasselbeck 8 months pregnant which was great since she had just been on Survivor and hadn't eaten in some 30 days. I on the other hand hadn't eaten in some 30 seconds! So she was emaciated and I was a Thanksgiving Day float. The second celebrity event was for Britney Spear's, before she had some issues, CD release party in NYC. At that time she had a smokin' body and was dating Justin Timberlake. I, however, was lactating because I was only 6-weeks post delivery with Will and actually had to pump before we went to the party. Hot! I was trying to be cool dancing next to JT and Ms. Spears while all the while leaking breast milk on my sparkly top!)

I digress, so after visiting with Mr. Seacrest for awhile and him requesting I wait to have the baby until after the Coke function, this butterball turkey went home. And, being the pleaser that I am, my water broke during the Coke function but I denied it until Ryan was on his private plane back to LA before I went to the hospital.

So, does that help explain Isaac's middle name, Seacrest? No, that is not his middle name, it is Emerson you goobs:)

3 comments:

Fran said...

Ashlee,

This is sooo funny! My blood pressure went up from laughing so hard, so if I stroke out, you have to take care of me.

Love,
Mama Fran

Whitney said...

Great post- I love the way you tell stories! I'm also quite impressed that you'd had the opportunity to meet all of those celebrities (granted, not always under the best of circumstances for you!) I love Elizabeth from the view- she's so cute!

Katie said...

hahahaha.....your blog has become my new laugh of the day....love the stories!!!

Love,
Katie