Friday, July 11, 2008

Big Will in the Big Leagues

Will just finished up his second season of teeball. It went quite a bit better than the first. Last year, he wanted to play but then changed his mind just after the organization cashed the check. So like all good parents, we took that opportunity to teach him about commitment. I don't think he really cared about commitment so we ultimately had to bribe him. Neither Brent nor I care what activities the boys participate in but we do care about making commitments and giving everything legal and moral in life a chance.

Well, I guess last year wasn't a total bust because he was ready to try again this year. (We didn't even negotiate a deal before he took the field!) The games were 3 innings long and Will was usually interested for 2 of them. But come the last round, you might find him covering his face with his hat or using his glove as a mask. I am not sure the pros can even field balls when their vision is obstructed. So during those times, unless the ball smacked him in the head or dropped right at his feet, he was very willing to let his teammates get it;) There was also a time or two where we found him to be, what looked like, digging a hole in the dirt to China. I guess he was hoping they weren't playing teeball there! He really did seemed to enjoy it though. His favorite parts of the game are the postgame snacks and the end of the season trophy:)

Here are some highlight pics from the season. The season is made up of 3-4 games a week for only a few weeks. So it was over before we knew it. We did have some of our close friends and their children make it to a game. It was a wonderful treat and gave Will a whole cheering section which I know made him feel special! So, thank you to The Bakers and Stays for your support. I promise to be at your child's first lemonade stand or dance recital, whichever comes first!

PS - One other little funny, with only two games left, Will decided that he wanted his name on the back of his shirt. So we put "Will" just above the #7. That evening's game, everytime Will went up to bat, the crowd cheered for "Will". Everytime someone yelled his name he would literally stop midstride or midswing to check the crowd to see who was yelling his name. He looked so puzzled because he knew it wasn't his parents or anyone else he knew yelling so how they knew his name was extremely confusing!

(If you want to hear the music I chose for this slide show, put your mouse pointer on the word "slide" at the top of the slide show. A speaker will pop out from the right side. Click on the speaker and the song will begin. To stop it, repeat instructions.)

(

4 comments:

Mary Jo said...

That's awesome!!! Go Will! Go Will! I wish we were there too! How fun! Dawson saw Sam in a pic and exclaimed, "there I am!"

Anonymous said...

Will,

It looks like you had so much fun at the ball games. We are so proud of you and of your little brothers for cheering you on!

Love,
Granny Franny & Papa Bill

Lana said...

How Fun! Will looks like he had fun:) I am also going private on my blog so email me your address so I can send you an invite to read it. My email is
lmoore75@yahoo.com

Amy Wood said...

Hey gal! I found your blog through Lana's. Your boys are adorable! My husband Jeff and I have two boys of our own...they are so much fun! I'd love to hear from you guys. Check out our blog if you have time. wood4.blogspot.com. -Amy (Roeh)