Monday, April 27, 2009

Flying Kites and Jesus
















You will see pictures in this post of everyone in the family but little Ike. He had already gone down for his nap when I thought about the kite I had randomly purchased one day several months ago. Ike loves being outside. Rain, snow, sleet, he doesn't care. He just wants to be out there running free. So although I write this post with a smile on my face, I am a little sad that Isaac missed this sweet time for our family. We missed him:)
Yesterday was beautiful, and Brent and I were looking for ways to get the boys outside. There are many, many kids in our neighborhood. Unfortunately, not many of them live right around us. So, my boys, mostly Will, resist going outside. Will doesn't like getting hot and Sam really doesn't like being dirty. (They are obviously my boys!) I guess they figure if it is gonna probably be just the two of them anyway, might as well stay inside cool and clean. That being said, Brent and I still work hard every nice day to get them out into the fresh air. So, yesterday after listing ALL the glorious things to do outside without much response, I remembered our new Diego kite. This idea actually got a cheer from the boys and the $3 purchase made for a nice little family activity.
Ok, so now that I have explained how we got there, I wanted to share what most made me smile about flying the kite. It was a little comment by each of the boys that made us pause with pride that they are listening but laugh about how simple the message is for them.
Brent was flying the kite and doing a masterful job at that. The wind was really blowing so at times the kite would dip and dive. A gust of wind came along that caused the kite to spiral to the ground. Before Will could get to the kite to help get it going again, it rose off the ground and was back soaring again. Will came running back yelling, "It rose again. It rose again like Jesus!" So then Sam responded, "Fly Jesus, fly!" ;)
We are taught to bring The Lord into every part of our day. Good job Will and Sam.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh, what a precious moment! I just love your boys! A lesson learned from childlike faith! *M

Anonymous said...

Even though you had shared this story with me, it brought tears to my eyes as I read about it. Is this why Jesus tells us to be as little children? As adults, we make everything so hard. This entry makes me extra thankful that Jesus rose again! Where would we be without him? Thanks, Will & Sam for the sweet, innocent reminder!

Love,
Granny Franny

Jill said...

What an adorable comment from your boys. It actually brought tears to my eyes! Such sweethearts! You should be proud! You are a good Mama!