Sunday, May 4, 2008

Warriors


I knew life with all boys was going to be interesting so I guess I should have saw this coming:

A couple of days ago, the boys were playing in the driveway with their bikes and plasma cars. It was an amazing day, so I just left the door to the garage open as I came in and out because Isaac was napping. I heard the boys yelling, not in pain but more angry like. When I walked out, I saw Sam wearing a plastic fireman's hat and waving a fat, wooden stick (a log of sorts). Will had his bicycle helmet on and was grasping a large metal shovel. They were shouting at the little boys across the alley from our house who were also wearing costume but they had plastic swords. I asked Will what he was doing with the shovel. He said that they were going into battle against these little boys. Before the other little boys' mommy could call DFS on us, I called the boys inside and replaced their battle weapons with what seemed a bit more appropriate and safe. I took their picture with the modified uniform.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Mary Jo said...

I love it! Again, it shows that our children don't need all these fancy toys that we give them...they can improvise very well. I am very happy that you chose to swap out the accessories, although hilarious! Atleast it wasn't girls into your makeup instead of the play kind. We have all kinds of things to be thankful for! mj

Whitney said...

Too funny! Definitely something for me to look forward with a little boy!

Amy McCown said...

That story makes me laugh. Isn't it amazing how boys just tend to navigate towards these things. Give them a hug for me.

... said...

Pretty funny! Boys are too cute with these things.

Traci said...

Hi Ashlee, I found your blog through Lana's. We went to Harding together and I was in Kojies. I was a year older, maybe two. I can't keep it all straight anymore. Anyway, I thought I would say Hi and let you know I've enjoyed catching up with you through your blog. My blog is tracijohnstonfamily.blogspot.com if you want to check in out. Traci Busby Johnston