Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hawaii















I have given Brent a hard time in the past for being a hoarder of Skymiles and Hotel Points. Well, I can make fun no more. He saved up enough to send us to Hawaii for our 10-year anniversary. We were gone for a week and although I love my boys and cannot imagine life without them there were some real perks to our time away.

1) I was able to go to bed when I wanted to because I knew that I would determine the time I awoke. (Sadly enough, I still got up at 7:00 am most days because my body and my boobs made me. I was hooked up to that breast pump so often I felt like a cow at a dairy farm!)
2) We only ate at one restaurant in Hawaii that you could order by number and that was just before we left the island. We were trying to reacclimate our bodies getting them ready for the real world again and I secretly just missed it.
3) When getting ready to go anywhere, I only had to factor in time for how long it takes ME to get ready and what I would wear. I didn't once have to ask anyone if they brushed their teeth, needed to go potty, wiped, or washed their hands. (If Brent failed to do any of the above, that was his issue. This Mommy was on vacation!)

We had a really nice time and I enjoyed just about every moment. I did drop my cell phone in the swimming pool:( All that being said, I think both Brent and I had just enough Hawaii by the end. Although we are husband and wife and have much fun together and enjoyed reconnecting. We are a family of five and we were missing three. I mean, Brent and I are funny but the boys, they are FUNNY!

7 comments:

Jenni said...

What a pretty view! Tell Brent "nice advertising" (men are always working aren't they?) It was great hanging with your boys while you were gone! See ya soon!
Love, JEnni

Amy McCown said...

I have been waiting to hear about your trip. I am glad that you all had fun. Something is not right here. It can not be time for Will to be graduating from Kindergarten. I miss you guys. Love you.

the boyd girls.... said...

so glad you had a great time away! We all need those trips! Our ten year will be here before I know it!
Had fun at dinner the other night!

JulesR said...

Hey Ashlee! I found your blog and have enjoyed catching up with you, Brent and your cute boys. It's been too long since we have seen each other. Hopefully we will run into each other at Harding one day soon!

Julie (Simmons) Risinger

Tesney said...

Hi Ashlee...found your blog through Traci's...your boys are adorable!!!
Tesney (Pearce) Davis

Katie said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful time! Pretty pictures!!!

Love,
Katie

Whitney said...

What fun! Shane & I were just talking about going to Hawaii for our 10th anniversary next year! :)

I liked your comment about feeling like a cow hooked up to your breast pump. I know how you feel! I've actually been pumping and feeding Austin by the bottle for the last 3 months and just gave it up last week- freedom at last!!!