Friday, January 24, 2020

Happy 17th Birthday Will!

Will - like your brothers' posts, your too is super late. I guess I thought I got it done but I didn't. I know that is shocking:). So year 16 was a good one. You started your Sophomore year in HS at Independence. You ran Cross Country for the second year in a row. Although you don't love it, you tolerate it and have made some good friends through it. You are not a super competitive kid so this is a good sport for you. It allows you to be social but still be alone. It allows you to challenge yourself without having to worry about letting your team down. You are a natural distance runner. I am not sure where you got that from.;0 This year you got a car for Christmas. It is a Honda Civic. I am certain that it isn't your dream car but you were still excited none the less. Dad and I wanted you to have a safe and reliable car. This checked all the boxes. Thank you for being a gracious kid and not complaining that it isn't a sports car. Conner and Braden are still your closest friends. Although you don't see them as much as you used to, time and space doesn't really seem to change much for you. You are my introvert. You enjoy your own company and sometimes like to fill your space with other people. Generally, you don't want to fill it with just people. You are intentional and want to use your time with the people that matter. It makes your friendship circle quite small but you like it that way. As a fellow introvert, I understand it. Will, so many teenagers these days give their parents a run for their money but not you. You are a pretty easy kid. Your Type B personality sometimes confuses Dad and I but we are trying to better understand your perspective. Not much frustrates you which works to your advantage. God knew you would have three younger brothers so he knew you would need an extra amount of patience. You are easy-going and don't let much rattle you. You take things as they come and make adjustments without much concern. This will serve you well and you will probably live an ulcer free life!:0 In May of this year, you made your public proclamation to follow Jesus and be baptized. Dad and I were both so proud of this decision. I know Jesus has been in your heart for many years. I know you were nervous about being in front of people, all them looking at you. But you did it and it was awesome! Granny and Papa came to see it. Nana and Pawpaw watched online from home. Everyone was really excited for you and of course, I was filled with joy, so I cried. I love you bud! Happy 17th Birthday!!

No comments: