Friday, January 24, 2020

Happy 15th Birthday Sam!

Sam - so you started 8th grade at a new school. Although you weren't super excited about it, you made the best of it. You played it cool and made friends. You found your place in this new place. You did track again this year. Although you personally did well, it was a frustrating time for you. Your track class was the last period of each school day. Unfortunately, not all 8th graders are committed to athletic excellence like you. So, you spent a lot of time frustrated. The coaches were kind of lazy and would punish everyone when specific students were jacking around. This was very frustrating to you as you are the rule follower and HATE getting punished for other people's issues. I am amazed I never got a call from school. I was certain you were gonna throw a punch one day. (Honestly though, I would have had a hard time blaming you.:) You have a new circle of friends now. I have no idea who they are because you kind of like to just relax at home. You text with people from time to time but if you decide to hang out with someone, it is usually good ole' Karl. You two have been friends forever. Although you now go to different schools and rarely talk, you can pick up right where you left off without missing a beat. You continue to workout and seem to be finding your own way about this new school. My little Sam is no longer little and finding muscles we never knew were there. Seventh grade was a rough year for you. I think hormones got the best of you. But, that seems to have leveled off and my old Sam is back. You are pretty chill unless I throw an unexpected activity into the plans. You hate that! But 8th grade has been good to you. You didn't want to move but you have made the best of it. You have found new friends and learned that no matter where you are, you can always find your spot. I am proud of the man you are becoming. You are taking more of a leadership role in our family, helping guide your younger brothers and showing them how and who they want to be. Although your exterior is strong, your heart is still soft. You are sweet Sam and I love you. Happy 15th Birthday Sam!

No comments: