Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ike






I wanted to take a moment to recognize the smallest member of our family, Isaac or Ike. He is only 9 months old so his current actions rarely make the blog. So, I wanted to get him a little face time and let you know what a truely joyful baby he really is. I love all of my boys but if I am honest with myself and you, Will and Sam were a little tough in their baby years. They seemed rather annoyed that they couldn't do all the things their little minds thought of doing. Today, they are amazing and really very good and sweet little boys. I am thankful I didn't set them out in the "Free Puppy" box.
Ike on the other hand is really quite content most of the time. He just really desires love in its truest form and asks for little else. Ok, so he wants food alot but he gets a pass there. He is a growing boy! Anyway, the boys dress him up as King Isaac so they can be his knights. We dress him up as a Steak and Shake waiter. Through it all, he just sort of grins and rolls with it. He is a delight and I wanted to give him a moment in the spotlight. I think I also wanted to get this down so that if and when he does hit a difficult period and I am ready to pull his and my hair out, I will be reminded that he has quite a deposit built up in the bank of goodness.

PS - I am sure most of you watch the news and are aware of a little storm brewing out in the ocean, Hurricane Ike. He looks to be a booger of a storm and he may actually be bearing down on the part of Florida where my parents live:( (Say a prayer for them.) I am a little concerned for us here in Arkansas too though. I fear that we also should be preparing for Hurricane Ike. He is a little storm right now but in no time he will gain strength and we better bar the doors and windows because Hurricane Ike Chism will be tearing this place up!

10 comments:

Amy McCown said...

He sounds like such a sweet little boy. I can not wait to meet that little guy.

Dean, Mila, Parker, Presley, Paige said...

I love the new blog!!!

Katie said...

Sweet Isaac...cute pics of the little guy.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Ike is a sweetie! Now that he is back home in NWA, there is not one person to sit in the floor and just smile at us. He really is a good boy!

We are really thankful that Will and Sam avoided the "Free Puppy" box and are here to keep us all entertained (heads in the toilet and all). I am just thankful that they didn't think to put Isaac's head in there, too. HA

We love you all,
Granny Franny and Papa Bill

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashlee!
Miss you, girl! I'm looking forward to catching up soon. I love seeing pics of your kiddos. They're adorable!
Love,
Holley

Whitney said...

That's funny- when I first saw the title, I thought you were talking about the hurricane! My parents live in FL too (and we're supposed to be there next week- fun.)

He's a cutie!

Melissa Halford said...

precious pics...and love the makeover!

Traci said...

I really like the new blog. Cute pictures of Ike. I've gone private. E-mail me if you would like to keep reading. Traci Busby Johnston
tracij@conwaycorp.net

the boyd girls.... said...

He is so cute! I love that sweet little face!

Wes and Bonnie said...

He is beautiful. He looks just like you Ashley!