Monday, July 16, 2018

Happy 8th Birthday Mac!!!

Happy birthday Mac. I know that it is already a few months past your birthday but life is always crazy so I am always playing catch-up! This past year has been a busy one for you. You started and finished first grade. Ms. Harmon was your teacher. Neither you nor I were super excited about this assignment but God knows better than us, doesn't He? Ms. Harmon was amazing! She loved you and you loved her. She even asked you stay late after school one day to help her assemble the incubator for the chicken eggs that you were going to have in the classroom. You were very excited about those chickens and the chance to help. You even had me make you a shirt that read "Chicken Power". First grade was awesome! You were a great student, regularly being praised by Ms. Harmon and other teachers for your good behavior and positive attitude. You also did well in your school work. You love math especially! You were a little sad at the beginning of the school year because your best friend, Affan, was not in your class. But, you are Mac and it didn't take you long to bounce back and make all kinds of new best friends. Ibraheem, Pratik, and Prady were some of your closest friends this year but everyone is a friend of Mac. You are personality plus and your friends and classmates think you are hilarious. Your brothers are still your best playmates. You do everything you can to keep up and rarely are left behind because of your efforts. Whatever sports or electronics the boys are into, you are right there with them. It might take you some extra time to catch up but you put the work in so that you can be part of the gang. Right now you play Fortnite and Roadblox with the boys the most but whatever the game, you are usually game. This year you continued to play soccer and basketball. You wanted to play about six other sports but we limited you to two. Julien is on both of your teams and you love playing with him. You play well together and really encourage each other on the field and the court. You are quite good at both sports because your very competitive and give it your all. You cheer when your team is successful and are visibly frustrated when you don't do as well as you would like. Mac, I think that last sentence sums you up pretty well. You are hard on yourself at times but always ready and willing to celebrate someone else's success. You are competitive and give life your best. You are still my kid that is always game for anything. If there is an adventure to be had, you are racing to grab your shoes! You have such joy and that is fun to be around. You are still my snugglebuggle and my Macadoodle. You love to give hugs and get really frustrated because Isaac doesn't appreciate your hugs. It's his loss though. You give the best hugs. You don't like to let go. I know you will outgrow that soon so I am soaking it up while I can. Thank you for keeping me laughing and smiling, Mac. Thank you for helping me to find joy in everyday. You are awesome, and I feel so blessed that God felt I was worthy to be your mom. Happy 8th Birthday Macadoodle. I love you!

No comments: