Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday Isaac!

Happy Birthday Isaac. You are turning 4 years-old this year and becoming quite the big guy. I am amazed at how much you have changed this past year, probably more so than any of the boys thus far. I mean, we had days early on at the end of 2010 and beginning of 2011 that were tough. You were not always the most agreeable kid. Frankly, you were kind of a hellion. But boy, in these past sixish months, you have grown so much. You are much more reasonable and really quite logical. You are super smart and that is very evident in the conversations you and I have. You are funny and expressive. You are really a great sidekick during the day.
We moved to Frisco this summer and you took that all in stride. Although you talk about missing “Arkansalt”, as long as your brothers are with you, you are fine. You took swimming lessons this summer in Texas. It was a nice break from the extreme heat. The class had four students and you were the only boy:). You weren’t sure you wanted to go to any of the lessons but you always went and did just as you were told and overall, you seemed to enjoy it.
In August, you began preschool at the Musical Arts Schoolhouse in Frisco. Moving late in the summer made it questionable whether you were going to even get into a school but God always takes care of us and gives us things we didn’t even know we were looking for. Ms. Lacy is your teacher on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoons. She calls you and the other students “friends”. As with most things, you are not really excited about going but when I pick you up, you always tell me that you had a great day. Your class spends 45 minutes in each of the following areas: art, music, theater, academics, and dance. I ask you quite often about dance class. All you tell me is that you dance “big boy dance” not “girl dance”. I am not sure what that means. I may have to sneak a peek one of these days. I think you have found a place you feel comfortable and a teacher you really like.
And I am not sure, but I think all this creative time has really had an impact in your personality. You have become SO expressive. You are a ham these days. You love to have dance parties with Mac and I swear, if you lost your hands tomorrow you would lose your ability to talk too:). You talk quite a bit and get frustrated if someone doesn’t know what you are talking about. You tell lots of jokes that don’t really make any sense but you are super funny when you don’t mean to be.
Although things are getting a lot better between you and your siblings, you still give your brothers fits, especially Sam. You might just give him a heart attack one of these days. You found his button early and push it frequently. You love him but like to drive him batty! In the new house, you share a room with Sam. You two are forming a great friendship and making wonderful memories but neither of you know it just yet.
You have the smarts and abilities of an older kid but the reason of a 3 turning 4 year-old. That can get you into hot water with the older boys and even with Mac. He is just enough into your business that I am not sure you care much for him these days but for the most part you look out for him. Sometimes you’ll almost kill him trying to keep him out of harm’s way but it seems your heart is in the right spot.
This week, you start basketball. You have never done anything like this before so you are not quite certain you are capable but I am sure you are gonna be a champ! You get dragged to all of Sam and Will’s extracurricular activities so it will be kind of nice for you to have your time to shine. I will let you know in another blog how it turns out.
Really Isaac, we have had some rough days with you. You are incredibly stubborn and carry an attitude with it. But over the last several months, you have become such a sweet, young boy. You are a great snuggler and come to our bed often in the middle of the night. You won’t hear your daddy or I complain because we love having you there.
You have soft, sweet eyes and a gentle smile (with a dead tooth or two:)). You have personality that will take you places. Coming up third in line, I am excited that you are beginning to take on a world of your own. You are figuring things out and the world out with it. Your brain is always working and I am never surprised but usually tickled at what you come up with.
You still love your cold milk and need help getting the lights on in the “bafroom”. You eat very little variety. You pretty much just eat yogurt, oatmeal, cereal, anything sugary, bananas, the little oranges, chicken, chicken, and more CHICKEN. Oh, and you eat grilled cheese too but no other sandwiches and no cheese outside of the grilled kind.
You are a complicated bug Isaac Chism but I love you. You are precious, and I know God has some amazing things in store for you. By the way, the other day you asked me, “When is Jesus gonna shave?” I cannot wait to see what you do with all of those gifts He gave you. I know it is going to be amazing!
I love you buddy! Happy 4th Birthday Ike:).
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This slideshow design made with Smilebox

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi i’m Heather! I have a question for you! Please email me :)
HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com