Sunday, October 25, 2009

Welcome Little One

With each one of my children, I have kept a pregnancy journal. I am not sure I really had something profound to say but I did one when I was pregnant with Will. That was when I had ample free time and ample brain power. I am sure I had some profound thought or secret to life back then. Well after becoming a new mommy with Will, I quickly realized how little I really knew and how thankful I am that I have God backing me. So since Will, I have tried to keep a journal with new each pregnancy to more document the little things rather than bless them with my vast understanding of the world or my body. (And by doing the journals I don't have to feel guilt for not doing one for the other kiddos or wonder if children #2, #3, and #4 question if I loved child #1 more:))
Well, I haven't yet found a journal for baby #4 and today I felt compelled to write a little something to our newest "Little One". So, I am introducing Baby #4 into my blog. So welcome Little One.
You are right now the size of a piece of rice, maybe. I saw you on an ultrasound two weeks ago and you are fantastic. I am already short of breath, nauseous most of the time, and needing a nap just about every day. Rocking Ike to sleep makes me sick to my stomach and it takes me forever to eat because I feel the need to burp after every bite:) You are 1/8 of an inch and you have a beating heart. You are spectacular and I am blessed. The road to a family of 6 has been bumpy. I feel a little strange when I fill out patient forms and fill in that this is my 7th pregnancy. (Our family is gonna liken itself to the Duggars when we get to Heaven.;) But I know that I am blessed.
So I was thinking the other day how much my feelings during pregnancy parallel my relationship and feeling toward God. I wanted to share it with you because I thought that it would tell you a little about my feelings toward you and a little about my relationship with my God.
So here goes: You are living inside me. I can't see you. I can't always feel you but I know you are there. You are always with me no matter what. I am not always wearing that "pregnancy glow" because sometimes I am just too tired. But then other times I am alive with the idea that you are mine and I can't wait to meet you. It will be a day that I never will forget. You are wonderful and each day that I spend with you, talk to you, know you, my life feels a little richer, a little more meaningful, and a lot more peaceful. My cup overflows. You are delightful and all of us are waiting for you arrival. No one really knows when you will get here but boy will we celebrate on that day! What a day it will be:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this post! It was so exciting to see "little bit" on the ultrasound and to see the little hands and feet already forming--heart already beating! You are, once again being blessed! Thank you, God!

Love,
Mama Fran

Katie said...

Beautiful post, Ashlee! He or she will be here before you know it :)